IMPRISON TRAITOR TRUMP.

Monday, June 1, 2015

COUNTDOWN TO LAUNCH -17 DAYS TO GO - Ann Blyth - "Bride of the Year" - Photoplay magazine

 
 
Welcome to DAY ONE of this countdown to launch when my book, Ann Blyth: Actress. Singer. Star. is published on Thursday, June 18th.  The book will be available for pre-order next Monday, June 8th.  More about that in days to come.

Every day until the 18th, I'm going to give away a small piece of memorabilia I've gathered on this journey: photos, magazines, an audio CD of old time radio, a DVD of a film, of a television appearance, a few original lobby cards from Ann's films.  So stop by frequently and see what's happening.  I'll let you know day by day what the prize is, and I'll just pick the winners from a hat.  I'm not going to announce the winners publicly, in case you don't want your mother-in-law to know what you're getting her for her birthday.

Since a number of bloggers have kindly offered to review the book, I'll link to their blogs throughout the month, before and after the 18th, whenever they decide to post.  Other bloggers will be posting their interviews with me.  If you care to get involved, please send me an email at: JacquelineTLynch@gmail.com.

If you want to put your name in for the daily raffle of stuff, please, also, send me an email that day.  Don't just leave a comment in the comments box because I need some way to contact you if you've won.  Your email will never be published, I will NOT be putting it on my newsletter list, it will not be used for anything except contacting you tell you if you've won, and to ask where to send the stuff.

Today's stuff is an issue of Photoplay magazine (see the above picture.  Pretty, huh?).   This is from June 1953, the month Ann Blyth was married.  However, since this magazine was obviously put on the newsstands before her wedding ceremony, the cover photo is really just a teaser to sucker people to buy the issue.  The article inside: "Bride of the Year - Ann Blyth" is a two-page article, with a few photos about basic facts of the upcoming nuptuals: the groom, bridesmaids, their new home, etc.

The issue has a lot more in it that would be attractive to collectors and especially to classic film bloggers.  It's 104 pages, with articles on Debra Paget, Charlton Heston, Jane Powell, Dale Robertson, John Wayne, Joan Crawford, Robert Wagner, Ricardo Montalban, Virginia Mayo, Alan Ladd, Jeffrey Hunter, Robert Mitchum, June Allyson, Rory Calhoun, Rosemary Clooney...it's a fan magazine and also full of ads for movies, and since most of these fan mags were geared towards women--a lot of really fun ads about fashions, makeup, girdles and other undergarments, and various personal health issues that make life interesting.

It's a blast from the past, and I think almost anyone would get a kick out of looking through it.  If you're a blogger, it'll give you a slew of new ideas and research material, and lots of images to scan.

So, that's what's on the block for today.  If this is your cup of tea, send me an email to JacquelineTLynch@gmail.com and just say something like "Give me the magazine."

Over the next 18 days if you want to enter this daily contest more than once, even if you've already won a prize, go ahead.  I don't care.  I'm going to wait until the end of it to send out these items to the winners, in case some of you do win more than once, and it'll save me several trips to the post office if I do it one time at the end. 

Also, if you happen live outside of the United States, that's okay.  I will mail to our friends and neighbors around the globe.

That's it for today.  I'll see you tomorrow with more stuff.



Coming June 18th - Amazon.com, CreateSpace, and directly from the author: Ann Blyth: Actress. Singer. Star., the first book written on the career of Ann Blyth.  Available for pre-order Monday, June 8th.

No comments:

Related Products